The Board of Review consists of 5 citizens of Allouez none of whom occupy any public office or are publicly employed by the Village. The Board of Review is not responsible for assessing property, but for deciding the validity of the facts presented before it at an appeal. The activities of the Board are governed by Wis. Stats 70.47.
Open Book Scheduled
Tuesday, August 17th 8:00a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Thursday, August 19th 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monday, August 23rd 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Objection Forms and Information
Wisconsin Department of Review – Board of Review Page
2021 Guide for Property Owners
Notice of Intent to File Objection with Board of Review
PA-115A Objection to Real Property Assessment Form (Use this one for Real Estate)
PA-115B Objection to Personal Property Assessment Form
PA-813 Request for Waiver of Board of Review Hearing
PROCEDURES LEADING UP TO AND FOR THE BOARD OF REVIEW
If you have concerns about your assessed value, we recommend the following steps:
1. Call the Village Assessor’s Office at (920) 468-9698 – discuss your assessment with Fair Market Assessments. Get an explanation of your property value and verify that all information about your property is accurate.
2. If you and the Assessor disagree with the value of your property, you may appeal your assessment at the annual Board of Review. You will need to contact the Village Clerk. An appeal form must be completed and returned to the Clerk’s office. All questions on the form must be answered.
Board of Review appeals are by appointment only and must be scheduled 48 hours prior to the beginning of the Board of Review.
WHAT SHALL I DO WHEN I APPEAR BEFORE THE BOARD OF REVIEW?
1. Objector (or agent) will be sworn in and provide testimony under oath supporting your value.
2. Merely stating my taxes are too high or that my increase is too high are not valid statements for the Board to lower your assessment. The evidence presented must be factual in nature, not just a matter of opinion. You must be able to prove what you believe to be the total fair market value of your property.
Suggestions on how to prepare for the Board of Review
1. The value of your property should be based on comparable sales that have occurred. Not on the assessed values of similar properties.
2. Present facts and comparisons to the Board, not just opinions.
3. Be sure to verbally state your testimony and do not rely on documentations.
Procedure after Board of Review
The Board of Review consists of 5 citizens of Allouez none of whom occupy any public office or are publicly employed by the Village. The Board of Review is not responsible for assessing property, but for deciding the validity of the facts presented before it at an appeal.
1. You will be notified of the determination made by the Board of Review. This notice will be sent by the Village Clerk.
2. If you are dissatisfied and wish to appeal the decision, follow the instructions on the notice you receive.