PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, December 19, 2013
7:00 A.M., ALLOUEZ VILLAGE HALL
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT ACTION BY THE COMMITTEE MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY OF THE ITEMS WHICH ARE DESCRIBED IN THIS AGENDA. ACTION TAKEN WOULD BE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO VILLAGE BOARD FOR THEIR APPROVAL
1. MODIFY/ADOPT AGENDA
2. APPROVE MINUTES FROM THE NOVEMBER 14TH MEETING.
3. DISCUSSION/ACTION: REQUEST TO EVALUATE A LICENSED COMPOSTING FACILITY AT THE VILLAGE FARM SITE (Trustee Zeller).
a. Discussing a joint facility with other municipalities for a composting facility. Do we want to participate in a joint facility, and incur some operating costs is up for discussion.
4. DISCUSSION/STATUS: VERIZON CELL PROJECT AT THE WATER TOWER (DPW Berndt).
a. Discussion of a concept and possible meeting with neighbors if they can attend. Tentative item as of time of agenda publication.
5. DISCUSSION/ACTION: WPS REQUEST TO INSTALL LED LIGHTING (REPLACE OLD LIGHT BULBS) ON RIVERSIDE DRIVE (SOUTH OF HWY 172) (DPW Berndt).
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION: GARBAGE/RECYCLING TRUCK COLLECTION OPERATION/PURCHASE STATUS (DPW Berndt).
a. Update on delivery and operation of the two new collection trucks, and the option/status of purchase of the third collection truck.
b. Possible sale of two used collection trucks.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION: BILLING HILLTOP APARTMENTS FIRE SUPPORT COSTS (DPW Berndt).
a. Cost summary is attached.