The Allouez Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department’s mission is to provide parks, recreation, outdoor opportunities, and green space stewardship, for the enjoyment and wellbeing of all, in a fiscally responsible manner.
The Village of Allouez has 12 parks and a Community Center which encompass over 300 acres of parkland. The village parks include pavilions, playgrounds, tennis courts, soccer fields, youth baseball and softball fields, adult softball fields, Miracle League baseball, a football field, a kayak/canoe launch, natural areas, and multi-use trails for the enjoyment of the residents and visitors alike.
For additional information on each of the Allouez parks and other programs, please select from the listing at right.
Allouez Facility Reopening Plan
Highlights of this plan:
- Athletic Fields
- Practices (no more than 10 individuals) for leagues may begin on June 13
- Games (no more than 50 individuals per field) for leagues may begin on July 6
- Green Isle Park:
- Will be closed until phase 3 of the Badger Bounce Back Plan
- Current 2020 Rentals can reschedule for 2021 or cancel to receive a full refund of rental and security deposit fees.
- No new rentals accepted for 2020 at this time.
- Village is accepting rentals for the 2021 year.
- Green Isle Park:
- Are currently open.
- Equipment will not be sanitized by the Village per CDC recommendations.
- Park Bathrooms
- Portable toilets are currently available at many park locations.
- Park restrooms at Optimist, Green Isle, and Kiwanis parks may be open starting June 13.
- Restroom availability based on ability to sufficiently maintain recommended cleaning guidelines.
- Bathrooms and Portable toilets will be sanitized once per day by the Village.
The full report can be downloaded here.
Village of Allouez also recommends that when using public facilities, individuals follow the below WEDC guidelines:
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6ft from others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze and immediately wash/sanitize your hands afterward.
- Most importantly, stay home if you feel ill.
Thank you for your understanding as the Village works to keep our park and facility users safe throughout the pandemic.
2020 STATE TRAIL PASSES
2016-2020 Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan
Kiwanis / Wiese Cross Country Ski Trail
The Village parks department will groom a cross country ski trail, as weather permits, between Kiwanis Park and Wiese Park. This trail will be a two mile loop through some natural areas and open parklands along the East River. Please refrain from walking on or otherwise damaging the ski trails.
Resch Family East River Trail To Be Plowed During Winter
The Village of Allouez is excited to announce that it is plowing the snow along the Resch Family East River Trail in Allouez this winter. The trail will be cleared from Green Isle Park south to Wiese Park for walking, jogging, or biking. This will be a great opportunity for trail users to get outdoors during the winter and continue healthy recreational activities.
The trail will be open for recreational purposes from 6 am to 10 pm however the trail is not lighted so extreme caution should be used during night-time hours. Trail users should also be aware that surface irregularities and slippery conditions may exist during the winter due to the presence of some snow and ice.
Pets in Village Parks
The Village of Allouez allows domestic pets in village parks and trails, but the pet must be on leash at all times. Per the ordinance, pets are still not allowed in park buildings, in playgrounds, on sport fields, or in picnic areas. We would like to also remind all pet owners and custodians to clean up and properly dispose of all pet waste immediately from all park grounds and trails.
To view a copy of the ordinance, please click here Code 151-6 (A)
Smoke Free Parks
The Village of Allouez prohibits smoking and electronic smoking devices in all village parks and trails. The purpose for the creation of this ordinance is to protect the health, welfare, and safety of the public and reduce littering upon public grounds.
To view a copy of the ordinance, please click here Code 195-10
For more information visit the Parks, Recreation & Forestry section in “2020 All About Allouez Brochure ” or call our office at (920) 448-2804.
Parks, Recreation & Forestry Director
Chris Clark 448-2805