PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, October 16, 2014
7:00 A.M., ALLOUEZ VILLAGE HALL
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT ACTION BY THE COMMITTEE MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY OF THE ITEMS WHICH ARE DESCRIBED IN THIS AGENDA. ACTION TAKEN WOULD BE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO VILLAGE BOARD FOR THEIR APPROVAL
1. MODIFY/ADOPT AGENDA
2. APPROVE MINUTES from the SEPTEMBER 11th MEETING.
3. DISCUSSION/ACTION: VERIZON WATER TOWER LEASE AGREEMENT (DPW Berndt).
a. Attached are the requested changes to the proposed contract submitted to Verizon. The response will be presented if available.
4. DISCUSSION/ACTION: WEBSTER AVENUE BRIDGE RAILING DESIGN (DPW Berndt).
a. The cost of either the stained stone facing/standard painted bridge railing, or the stained brick facing/styled painted bridge railing is about $17,000-$18,000. The brick style preferred at the last meeting is cost reasonable.
5. DISCUSSION/ACTION: BROWN COUNTY SOLID WASTE AGREEMENT MODIFICATION (DPW Berndt).
a. The Public Works Directors are meeting on December 18th to discuss the proposed contract extension. At the last DPW meeting 2 weeks ago the consensus of the five municipalities that have received this request was to stay with the five-year agreement.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION: SALE OF USED PUBLIC WORKS VEHICLES (DPW Berndt).
a. Sale of recycling vehicle #54 to DePere to be considered. The previous 2 vehicles were sold to DePere at a fair market price. DePere would like to purchase the third vehicle, and the new Allouez vehicle is in service.
b. Sale of used plow truck #29 to the town of Lawrence to be considered. The new Allouez plow truck will be delivered in November.
7. DISCUSSION/ACTION: WisDOT CONTRACT APPROVAL FOR WEBSTER SRTS PROJECT (DPW Berndt).
a. The proposed WisDOT contract (Standard Municipal Agreement) for the Webster School SRTS project has been received and should be approved and returned. The contract provides $350,000 funding for the project. The engineering and construction administration costs will be Allouez costs. The initial kickoff meeting with WisDOT has been held.
8. DISCUSSION/ACTION: 2015 UTILITY BUDGETS (DPW Berndt).
a. Review of the 2015 utility budgets.